Seldén CX and Seldén GX are operated with an endless furling line running over a line driver drum. The furling line is preferably led all the way back to the cock pit and our team at Mauri Pro Sailing Store offer the Double Fairlead and the Twin-Cam block for a well organized set up. A purpose made AT-Cable has been developed to secure the function of the system and as the performance of top-down furling is dependant on the torsional rigidity of the AT-cable, it is included in the Seldén GX furlers.
• Metal ”teeth” in the drum make for a good grip on the line when furling the sail
• A wedge in the line guide separates the line from the drum when unfurling the sail and the drum spins freely
• Sealed steel bearing in the drum and in the halyard swivel for long service life
• Rubber fender prevents the halyard swivel from chafing the mast while hoisting the furled sail
• CX. Spring loaded lock makes it easy to connect the thimbles to the drum and the halyard swivel
• GX. Patented line lock for easy mounting of the AT-Cable to the drum and to the halyard swivel
• All structural parts are made of high-strength Duplex stainless steel. This means reduced material and low weight
• Non-structural parts are made of impact resistant glass fibre reinforced polyamide composite
Our crew is fully committed to be your Seldén Hardware specialist not only providing the sailing community with a comprehensive and easy to use web site but with all the appropriate technical information that you might need to select your sailboat hardware and equipment. If you need any assistance selecting the appropriate Selden Furlers please contact us. Our sailing crew is ready to help!