This conversion kit includes the parts necessary to convert a Profurl NEX Code 0 furler to a top-down spinnaker furler.
If you do not already have a Profurl NEX furler, you can order a complete top-down furling
Sail Bearing Technology
The core of this furler is the introduction of exclusive Sail Bearing technology
that lines the torque cable with numerous. High density
polyester bearing balls. Each of these grooved Sail Bearings run freely
around the cable allowing the sail to gather and deploy smoothly without
binding or "reverse furling" SPINEX also utilizes all the unique
design benefits of the recently introduced NEX system including the IConnect
one button attachment system and Quick Fit furling line engagement for
easy deployment and storage.
• Spinnaker lashed to the top fitting.
• Unique ball bearing system helps the sail unfurl smoothly.
• Bearing lock allows the ball reverse furl effect.
• Cable termination fitting allows for quick easy installation on
the deck of the boat.
• Friction free torlon ball bearing swivel creates a free running
tack attachment point. Shown in large image using a fixed tack arrangement.
• Ratchet block to indicate the direction of furling.
• Purchase system to tension the furling line before furling.
Note: The furling line comes unspliced
and will require splicing by the end user to meet customized lengths needed.