Orbit blocks™ are a no-compromise product range developed to meet the demands and expectation of the very dedicated and increasingly professional racing sailor. Side cheeks incorporating head structure and hub are precision machined as a single part from solid alloy, leaving material only where it contributes to the load carrying capacity of the block and eliminating the need for additional fasteners. The Orbit sheave has captive Acetal or Torlon® ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and allows for a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles – achieving a substantially higher strength-to-weight ratio. Features through-hub mounting for maximum strength and can be stacked to create a double (total block load same as single, maximum load on top sheave not to exceed 50% of total block load).
• The highest strength-to-weight ratio.
• Minimal friction loss, especially when working at high loads.
• Simplicity of design and construction to facilitate maintenance and servicing.
• Totally reliable and trouble free performance.
• Lockable swivelling head post.
• Fully machined Alloy cheek plates.
• Alloy sheaves with captive ball races.
Primary mainsheet blocks on boats to 18 m (60 ft), secondary mainsheet blocks, spinnaker systems, halyards on boats to 22 m (72 ft), running backstay systems on boats to 16 m (53 ft).
Part Number: RF129100