Harken Carbo Racing Foils are used by many of the top racing programs. Thanks to their carbon material, Harken carbo foils make sail changes, hoists and douses a breeze. smoothly raise your genoa as you reach the leward mark or change to that #3 as the wind picks up without having to use a lot of force.
• Strong, lightweight head foils offer significant advancements over the weaker PVC materials
• Low-friction twin headsail grooves are ultra-smooth, allowing hoists, douses, and headsail changes to be easily and efficiently executed
• Impact resistance
• Foils are a UV protected black color that is easy for the trimmer to see
• Each kit comes with a prefeeder that uses anodized rollers to align the sail into the foil and reduce friction
• Installation is a relatively simple process following the step by step instuctions included with the foil kit
• Aluminum chafe guard keeps spinnaker sheets from damaging the foil during high-speed jibes
• Testing shows this guard weighs the same as aramid fiber or composite, and is impervious to wear
Chafe guard is included free with the purchase of a 7000, 7001, or 7002 kit
Sizing Harken Carbo Headsail Foils
There are several dimensions that are key when selecting a Harken carbo headsail foil for your boat. Your luff tape size and forestay diameter will determine whether you need a Unit 0, 1, 2 or 3 system. your headstay length will determine which kit to get within those sizes. For example, a boat with a 1/4" headstay diameter, a headstay length of 40' and a size 5 (5/32) luff tape size would need a Unit #0 12m foil kit.