The Seldén winches are manually operated and of self-tailing type with two gears forward. You start winching clock wise on the fast gear, shift down to low gear by rotating the winch handle anti clock wise. So far, exactly as we are all used to.
The ingenious feature with the new Seldén winches is that you can let the line out by reversing the winch drum. The purpose made winch handle has a button which is pushed down with your thumb to prepare the winch for reverse drive. The winch handle is rotated clock wise and the line is eased out. The line remains in the selftailing jaws all the time which means it’s a one hand operation to trim the sheet, the halyard or the spinnaker guy.
Fast trim is a great advantage for the racing sailor! To ease out the sheet, just push the button on top of the handle and turn clock wise. There is no need to even touch the line. Instant trim makes for higher boat speed. For the family cruising sailor, one handed operation means safety – no hands are even close to the drum when easing out the line. In rough conditions you can hold on with your free hand. Single handed sailors can steer and trim at the same time.
• Unique and patented reverse function operated with a push of your thumb
• Stainless drum with 10 flat faces makes for excellent grip and is kind to the line
• Low weight. The centre tower is partly composite
• Compatible with all winch handles, but only the Seldén winch handle offers 2-speed forward and 1-speed reverse
• Smooth and well rounded reverse feeder. The sheet can be dumped fast when tacking
If you need any assistance selecting the appropriate Selden Rewind Reversible Winches please contact us. Our crew is ready to help!