- Eliminating the hang-ups, adjustments and chafe of a topping lift.
- In light air, lifting the boom opens the leech for a faster sail shape
and more speed.
- Boat performance is improved with less weight and windage aloft.
- Reefing is safer and easier with better boom control.
- Combined with a block and tackle vang, the Boomkicker does everything
a mechanical vang or rigid vang can do with less cost and less weight.
- The simple design eliminates sliding tubes and friction.
- A proven, durable and reliable design with thousands sold.
- Patented flexing spring provides fast response and a near constant force
for higher vang efficiency.
- The lightweight, low profile design is good for performance and looks.
- Easy installation independent of the vang. No need to replace existing
- Fittings, fasteners, drill and tap included for a complete package.
- Mast fitting uses the luff groove to eliminate drilling in the mast.
- Non-corroding and silent. Little features with big paybacks.
- Self tending for hands off operation. Install It - Forget It!
Boomkickers are a simple affordable solution to support the boom and eliminate the topping lift for sailboats 14 to 38 feet.
1 Maximum stroke at initial Pin to Pin.
2 Maximum stroke at min. Pin to Pin. ** Stroke is travel when flexed.
1" of stroke equates to approximately 7" at the aft end of the boom.
Order Boomkicker Boom Vangs here
Each Boomkicker Boom Vang uses 2 coated fiberglass spring rods to support the boom with the exception of the smallest model K0312 which uses uncoated spring rods. Pulling the boom down causes the Boomkicker to flex upward; releasing it straightens the boom vang from Boomkicker lifting the boom. Universal fittings for the mast and boom are included. The boom track fitting provides additional up travel and adjustment. Boomkicker is guaranteed to make your sailing enjoyable. Whether you are a cruiser or a racer, this is a simple and affordable solution to sailing.